We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Kate Softshell Pant – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 55
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits great and is comfortable for all-day use.
- The materials are high quality and thick for ample warmth.
- Flattering fit in the legs and provides a tighter fit in the top before it flares out at the bottom for style.
- The inner lining is comfortable and soft against your skin.
- High enough to fully cover your back when you bend over during activities for full coverage.
- Snug with the liners but still provide enough movement and stretch for a full range of motion.
- Great high-quality product for the price.
- The material is soft and stretchy for ample comfort and movement.
- Waterproof for ample protection against prolonged precipitation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sizing might run a little short for some users with longer legs.
- The bottom of the pants do not fit over ski boots which reduces the functionality.
- Might not fit right for those who don’t have a curvier body type.
- No vents for extra breathability during activities.
- Some users feel like there is excess fabric around the hips, which might be too much for some body shapes.
The Marmot Kate Softshell Pant for women is a waterproof, comfortable, and flattering option that is well-suited for those who have a curvier body shape. Despite the fit causing some issues for women who have a straighter or slimmer body type, this softshell pant could work well for those who are looking for a pant designed for a “woman’s” body type in mind. These pants offer full weather protection, warmth, soft material, and stretchy construction for a long day on the mountain.