We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Minimalist Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 90 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 67
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Effective at keeping water and wind out.
- Lightweight and packable.
- Easy to get on and off.
- Well-tailored and fits nicely.
- Not baggy, so they don’t hinder movement.
- Great mobility.
- Waterproof zippered side pockets and front zip fly, for durability and functionality.
- A great rain pant that is easy to pack.
- Features Gore-Tex Paclite with a breathability score of R=6-8, making this suitable for middle-of-the-road dynamic activities.
- Seams are fully taped, enhancing weather protection.
- Features two zippered pockets, and ankle zippers, for keeping snow out and heat in.
- Material wicks moisture away.
- Among the best in this review at weather-resistance.
- Articulated legs move well with the user.
- Lightest Gore-Tex pants tested in this review.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No adjustability or elastic at the waist, so may fall down or not fit correctly.
- Not the most durable for off-trail use.
- Leg zippers are not full length, reducing breathability.
- Needs a longer zipper to be able to put the pants on over boots.
- Needs more pockets, since the existing pockets are quite small.
- Only has elastic at the back half of the waist area, and does not have any belt loops, so very difficult to adjust.
- Doesn’t have any additional ventilation features, besides the zippers.
The Marmot Minimalist Pant for men is a lightweight rain pant, plain and simple. There are few bells and whistles, but what it does do, it does well – namely, keeping your legs dry. This pant is a great option for those looking to go light, fast and stay dry.