We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Mojito Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 451
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Has a nicely flexible sole that works well for moderate trails.
- The sole has good traction, even on wet surfaces.
- The leather is flexible and form-fitting for added comfort.
- The laces allow for large adjustments in width for wide and narrow feet.
- Durable for years of use.
- Works well for more casual hikes and approaches.
- The loop at the heel allows them to be clipped to a harness.
- Perform well on talus and slabs, and does very well on crack climbing.
- Lightweight for its durability.
- The upper is water resistant.
- Dries out easily.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not warm enough for winter use.
- Debris gets easily trapped in the shoe.
- They have a distinct “bowling shoe” style, although some users really seem to like that.
- Has a minimal mid-sole that may necessitate insoles for some people.
- Not very breathable.
- Does not offer enough support for comfort while carrying heavy loads.
The Scarpa Mojito Shoe for men is a comfortable and low-profile approach shoe that has a good grip on rock and uneven terrain, but is best for moderate hikes and approaches, as it does not offer enough support for rugged use. The laces offer a lot of adjustment in the shoe for added comfort, but there is little breathability in the upper. While this shoe looks like a bowling shoe, people still enjoy wearing it from the crag to the town, and enjoy the unobtrusive style for the many years that this shoe lasts.