We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 215
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable material and fit.
- Heavy duty and durable.
- Minimal break-in time.
- Micro-pully lacing for customizable control.
- The full rand aids in the durability and debris-protection.
- The tongue, collar, and upper portions are all cushioned and add comfort.
- Waterproofing works.
- No discomfort in the toe-box area.
- Protection against rocks, mud, rain, and snow due to stiffness, weatherproof abilities and full rand.
- Breathes fairly well considering the durability.
- A firm lace lock below the ankle for snug lacing.
- Aggressive enough for hard terrain, but works well on soft terrain too.
- The full rubber rand aids in a long-lasting boot.
- Very comfortable over time.
- Ankle collar is tall and stiff, but still manages to provide enough flex.
- The laces lock down to a central hook to customize the location of the tightness.
- One of the best backpacking boots in terms of ankle stability.
- Rubber sole grips the ground well on a variety of terrain.
- Top score in terms of waterproofing.
- Durable boot, due to leather being abrasion-resistant.
- Features long-lasting stitching.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the strongest laces.
- The Vibram soles show wear over time.
- Lack of sensitivity due to thickness and durability.
- Might feel clunky at first, but breaks in well.
- Lack of sensitivity specifically on rock slabs.
- Heavy boot, weighing in at 4.42lbs.
- Might be too hot to wear in the summer.
- Might get a few blisters during the initial break-in period.
The Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX Boot for men is a heavy-duty, durable, and waterproof boot that is suitable for hikers who spend time off-trail and on rocky terrain. The impressive support provided makes this a heavier and less-sensitive boot, which may deter some quicker and lighter backpackers, but will be ideal for those needing to carry heavy packs through intense terrain.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.