We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva TX3 Approach Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.1 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable right away.
- Comfortable toe-box area with ample room.
- Rugged and durable-enough for longer approaches.
- The stiffness provides adequate ability for scrambling.
- The flatter toe area provides a comfortable fit.
- The rubber is sticky on multiple surfaces and long-lasting.
- Stiff sole provides efficiency for edging.
- The support in the toe area makes it easier to hike in steep areas.
- Provides adequate breathability in most weather conditions.
- Burly and withstands debris.
- The sticky rubber is ideal for smearing.
- The wide base of the shoe extends to promote edging ability.
- The tight fit on the heel and midsole enhances a snug and secure fit around the foot.
- The round lugs provide an ability to cling to a variety of terrain.
- The polyester mesh upper is quick-drying.
- Stiff enough for cracks, but agile enough for accurate edging.
- Very well-rounded approach shoe.
- Top pick in terms of ‘toughness’.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- On the heavier-side for shorter climbs.
- Some users may not like the bright orange color.
- No sewn-in heel loop.
- Some reports of the mesh not being extremely durable.
- Lacks ankle support.
- May be too narrow for some foot widths.
The La Sportiva TX3 Approach Shoe for men is a versatile and functional option for climbers. The approach and climbing ability make this a top-choice for alpine adventurers to bring with them, especially due to the shoe’s comfort, durability, comfortable toe-box, and rugged ability to withstand a variety of terrain.