We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Tullus Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 77 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.2 stars
Expert Rating: 3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 205
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable in low-temperatures.
- Wide temperature range, from about 15-45 degrees Fahrenheit as a stand-alone jacket (depending on the user).
- Inexpensive price for the warmth provided.
- Lightweight material.
- Blocks light wind.
- Breathable, but remains insulated for warmth.
- Water-resistant to protect against light precipitation.
- The arm length is long enough.
- Features a slim fit and lack of loose-fitting areas, enhancing the warmth.
- Compacts into a small size.
- The hood is snug and doesn’t need elastic.
- 600-fill power down for warmth, although not the lightest weight.
- Elastic-bound cuffs to seal the warmth inside.
- Wide range of color choices available.
- Down has a hydrophobic treatment to protect it from light water.
- Ripstop polyester for durability.
- Moderately warm, despite not having any drawcords.
- No constriction of movement in the shoulders or arms.
- Easy to roll up and stow in the hood.
- Two zippered pockets and one internal zippered pocket for storage.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Heat-seal logo may not look high-quality to some.
- The down fill has been reported to shed.
- No drawstring for the waist or the hood to keep in warmth.
- No adjustments on the hood or waist, or on any of the seams/edges.
- Shedding feathers is a common problem with this jacket.
- One of the heavier jackets compared to the competition.
- Extra space in the torso depending on body type, meaning it can be colder.
- Not as good at sealing out the cold as some of the competition.
The Marmot Tullus Down Jacket for men is a good choice for bigger-framed men who want a solid jacket for shorter trips and wearing around town. The lack of compressibility, baggier-fitting torso area, and lower quality down make this not the best option for extended backcountry trips, but the reasonable price still makes it an option to be considered.