We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Barnsie Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 34
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and warm.
- Flattering fit, but comfortable.
- Hood is helmet-compatible.
- Zippered inside pocket and inside pouch for easy storage.
- Four outside pockets for ample storage and access.
- Reported true to size.
- Warmth around the neck due to high collar.
- Powder skirt to keep the snow out.
- Insulation provides solid warmth.
- Storm-oriented cut on the helmet-compatible hood for inclement weather.
- Mobility provided even with hood on.
- Sleeves are long enough to fully cover over wrists.
- Fleece-lined pockets.
- Cuffs work well with gloves.
- Features 80g of Thermal.Q synthetic insulation in the torso and 60g in the arms for ample warmth.
- Fabric beads water well and holds up after months of use.
- Adjustable hem keeps the cold out.
- Waterproof pockets and fully-taped seams aid in weatherproofing abilities.
- Chest pocket for accessible storage.
- The pit zips aren’t lined with mesh, making them more breathable.
- Hood is lined with insulation for warmth.
- Wrist gaiters with thumb holes for functional warmth.
- RECCO reflector added to jacket will help ski patrol find you if you’re buried in an avalanche.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the highest waterproofing material or rating.
- Can’t detach the powder skirt.
- Not the most breathable option.
- Insulation isn’t removable in warmer weather.
- Color discrepancies online versus in person.
- Can’t zip out the hood.
- Have to open the jacket to tighten the hood since the drawcords are inside.
- Pit zips are only 6 inches long.
The Mountain Hardwear Barnsie Jacket for women is a warm, comfortable, weather-resistant, flattering, and functional option for skiers and snowboarders who want a jacket that won’t break the bank. The jacket is functional and stylish and provides the technical aspects an athlete may hope for, like a storm-oriented hood, powder skirt, and flexible fit.