We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Montara MIPS Helmet – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 87 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features a visor extension.
- Stylish look.
- Provides adequate ventilation.
- Integrates with goggles.
- The matte color is stylish and good-looking.
- Very adjustable for multiple head shapes.
- No pressure points caused.
- The straps are comfortable for the most part.
- The dial adjuster can be used to adjust the helmet easily and quickly.
- The helmet fits well and is snug without being too tight.
- Features a full-wrap design with the polycarbonate mold, for enhanced protection.
- Contains roll-cage reinforcement to fully protect the head in crashes.
- The Roc Loc Air fit system includes 16 vents for breathability.
- The anti-microbial pad above the brow wicks away sweat.
- Fully integrated with goggles due to the grips located on the straps.
- Features several vents with rubberized treatment, allowing the goggles to stay in place and prevent slipping.
- The visor can be tilted up and out of the way of vision.
- The visor can be pre-adjusted into 4 separate positions.
- Features an integrated GoPro cam mount on the helmet.
- The MIPS liner reduces the force of rotational impacts on the skull.
- The padding is minimal, but placed in crucial positions, like the temple.
- The material absorbs 10x more sweat than other more common pads.
- Features air channels above the head for adequate ventilation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The chin straps have reportedly slipped a bit during use.
- The plastic components of the helmet can cause some sore spots.
- The buckle is a little more cumbersome to use.
- Doesn’t have the deepest fit compared to the competition.
- Despite having 16 vents, it is not the most breathable helmet.
- The visor is so long that it can impede your vision.
The Giro Montara MIPS Helmet for women is a ventilated, protective, comfortable, and adjustable helmet that is suitable for riders of all levels. The MIPS liner and adequate padding will protect the cyclist, and the adjustable visor can accommodate most bikers’ needs.