We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Oakley Aro3 Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 51
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The ventilation provides ample breathability during riding.
- The helmet fits snug and is stylish due to the construction and colors provided.
- Doesn’t have a lot of padding, which helps to keep your head cool.
- Highly-compatible with Oakley sunglasses for a functional combination.
- Very comfortable and lightweight while wearing.
- The helmet has ample adjustments so you can customize how tight you want to wear it.
- Features 12 air vents for ample breathability.
- Large front vents provide ample airflow for ventilation.
- The MIPS liner doesn’t restrict the air flow from keeping you cool.
- The fit system doesn’t interfere with your sunglasses, enhancing the functionality.
- Oakley’s most ventilated helmet, making it a good choice for warm days.
- MIPS increases safety against rotational head impacts in case of any trauma.
- The styling combines a retro and modern look for a sleek look.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users wish there was micro-adjustments on the BOA adjustment dial so they could fine tune their tightness.
- The buckle doesn’t hold the thin strap in a strong enough position, which means the strap can loosen during prolonged use.
- You have to continuously adjust the fit to keep the forehead lid from adjusting your sunglasses.
The Oakley Aro3 Helmet is a functional, well-ventilated, and protective option that is well-suited for those who frequently cycle in warm weather. The Aro3 is Oakley’s most breathable option, with over 12 vents, which makes this a good choice for riders in warmer climates. Despite some issues with the strap loosening over time, the helmet is comfortable, stylish, and functional.