We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Deity Components Black Kat Pedals and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 31
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Grips well.
- Keeps your foot firmly planted due to the slightly-concave shape.
- Solid construction.
- Your feet do not move at all when they are in the pedals.
- The platform is wide and comfortable for your feet.
- The bearing system is fully-serviceable.
- 8 pins per side for functionality.
- Slim and concave platform allows for a snug fit.
- The traction grooves aid in clearing mud.
- No inner bearing bulge that often displaces the foot from the platform.
- The large platform doesn’t get in the way.
- Features a rounded profile surrounding the spindle for efficiency.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best bearings.
- Some reports of the pins falling out during riding.
- Only 8 pins on each side, which is lower than you may be used to when compared to other pedals.
The Deity Components Black Kat Pedals are a great option for cyclists who want a platform that holds their foot securely and doesn’t have to worry about any movement or slippage during a ride. The combination of weight and performance makes this a top choice on the market today.