We’ve read the reviews across the web for the SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed Trigger Shifter and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 39
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Shifts well and smoothly.
- Adjustable paddle and light action for efficiency.
- Not as expensive as the XX1 shifter.
- Highly-adjustable for full customization.
- Adjustable lever allows you to secure the position you want, so that you do not have to reach for the shift.
- The internal bearing promotes crisp shifting and ease of use.
- Can access a high range of gears with just a thumb push.
- Able to get a lower gear than the SRAM 1×11 shifter.
- Strong, durable, precise, adjustable, and solid feel.
- Each part has been constructed in order to work together as one unit, maximizing efficiency, so the cassette, cranks, derailleur, shifter, and chain all work in unison.
- Better clutch-damping than the earlier model.
- New interface between the crank and chain-ring, promoting efficiency.
- Extra teeth on the jockey-wheel for added versatility.
- 500% gear range for adjustability.
- The shifting happens with precision, speed, and ease.
- Higher-end coating helps give the cassette a longer-lasting life.
- Has a higher precision shifting mechanism than the NX or GX model.
- X01 crankset is more enduro-suited than the XX1, despite not being the best option for this type of cycling.
- 2 extra teeth allow it to accommodate the enhanced cassette range.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of durability issues over time.
- The return lever is short, lessening efficiency and ease of use.
- Heavier than the XX1 model.
- The B-tension screw is a crucial part of the set-up since it determines tension, so you have to be very careful and precise when adjusting.
- Does not provide the range of a classic drivetrain, which would suit ultra-distance enduro racers better.
- Second most expensive set-up in the Eagle range.
The SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed Trigger Shifter is a high-quality option for cyclists wanting a durable, precise, adjustable, and smooth shifter. The expanded gear range, top-of-the-line craftsmanship, and long-lasting material make this a great choice for serious cyclists who perform long rides that are less than ultra-distances.