We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KEEN Targhee III Mid Leather Waterproof Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 998
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable out of the box.
- The traction is great on multiple surfaces.
- Adequate support.
- Little to no break-in period.
- Very breathable.
- Leather mud shield provides protection.
- Very few users report of hot spots or blisters.
- Easy to adjust the laces.
- Ample space in the toe box.
- Stylish and sleek look.
- Lacing mechanism is secure and durable.
- Requires little to no break-in time.
- Removable foot bed is high-quality and long-lasting.
- The leather is tough and durable.
- Multi-directional lugs provide grip on multiple surfaces.
- Features Keen.Dry for waterproofing abilities and keeping moisture out.
- Rubber toe camp provides enough protection.
- Better fit than previous models.
- The 4mm lug is balanced by the softer upper material that feels comfortable against the top of your foot.
- The strip of webbing aids in pulling the shoe tight and providing a snug fit in the heel.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Reports of cracking on the shoe where the leather meets the soles.
- Reports of durability issues after only a few months.
- Reports of the soles not being durable enough for intense hiking.
- May be too wide for those with narrow feet.
- Not as stable as the competition, and doesn’t perform as well on steep or rocky surfaces.
- The Keen.Dry is not as proficient as Gore-Tex, and some moisture may build.
The KEEN Targhee III Mid Leather Waterproof Hiking Boot for men is designed with the moderate day hiker and light backpacker in mind. While there are questions about the boot’s durability, the supreme comfort and minimal break-in period required, makes this boot a popular option.