We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mad Rock Lotus Climbing Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The heels are protected due to the durable material.
- Great for overhanging problems.
- Comfortable after you get the correct size.
- Good shoe for indoor bouldering.
- Aggressive style.
- Conforms to your feet after you break them in.
- Velcro tabs for adjustability.
- Great for heel-hooking.
- Small piece of plastic is used in the mid-sole to provide support to your foot and keep the sensitivity.
- The Velcro straps allow you to create a snug fit.
- The padded and split tongue provides comfort.
- The split-style tongue makes the shoe easy to get on and off.
- Rubber strip down the back of the shoe makes it easy to heel-hook.
- Aggressive and down-turned shape is ideal for advanced climbers.
- The elastic straps make it easy to take the shoe on and off.
- Comfortable for a technical and aggressive shoe.
- No gaps in the heel area or the arch.
- Works well on small footholds.
- Decent at edging due to stiff toe box.
- The concave rubber toe allow you to proficiently toe-in on steep sections.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May need to size up two sizes.
- Sizing up may make the shoe too wide for your foot shape.
- The rubber at the edge of the toe area may start to fray over time.
- Fit takes some getting used to.
- The midsole lacks support.
- The toe box is too stiff for extended smearing.
- Not the best shape or design for crack climbing.
- If you try to crack climb, you can easily damage the shoe.
The Mad Rock Lotus Climbing Shoe for women is an aggressive, protective, tight, and adjustable shoe that is suited for advanced climbers, and especially those who enjoy indoor climbing, bouldering, and overhanging or heel-hooking moves. The sizing discrepancies and slipper-style may deter some, but once you have the correct size, the comfort and technicality of this shoe shine.