We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Smartwool Midweight Pattern Zip Top – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 87 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 3.7 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 794
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and durable.
- The wool provides versatility in varying conditions.
- Stylish and functional.
- Adds insulation where your body needs it most, without being too much.
- Great as a base-layer during activities in colder climates.
- The quarter-zip adds some versatility and breathability.
- Zipper-neck increases warmth.
- The wool is odor-resistant and keeps the layer fresh over prolonged use.
- Even though this layer is comprised of wool, it remains breathable.
- Good at temperature regulation during activities.
- Not constricting in the neck, but keeps the heat in.
- Doesn’t stretch out over time or after prolonged use.
- Durable and can withstand wear-and-tear.
- Attractive pattern.
- Remains true to size even after washing.
- Even though you’re not supposed to put in the dryer on high heat, I have and it didn’t seem to damage the shirt.
- The shoulder panels have fabric sewn around the front and back, to ensure comfort while wearing a pack.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Current version doesn’t have thumb-holes to keep arms from bunching underneath layers.
- The elbows sometimes wear-out after prolonged use.
- The material may itch for some people.
- The front zipper can sometimes shift to off-center.
- Sizing discrepancies between online versus arriving in person.
- Some people wish there were more colors available.
- Might be too warm for intense activity in warmer climates.
The Smartwool Midweight Pattern Zip Top for women is warm and cozy. It also does a great job of regulating temperature which makes it a versatile base or mid-layer option. To top it off, it resists odor and feels good on your skin, making it a top choice for outdoor excursions or just relaxing at home.