We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Eldorado Tent: 2-Person 4-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 39
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fabric is tough and durable.
- Comfortable spacing inside.
- Adequate ventilation and air flow.
- Can actually dry out overnight if gets wet during rain or snow.
- Can be used with internal pole clips and extra guy-lines in case of windy weather.
- The extra length means you do not need a vestibule.
- Easy to set up from the inside once you are used to the process.
- High-quality build and construction.
- Waterproof floor and walls to keep weather out.
- Able to set up from the inside to remain dry.
- One of the best all-around four-season tents.
- Sturdy poles and durable fabric.
- Great for taller campers due to extra length.
- Optional vestibule in case you need extra length.
- Light enough to work for backpacking trips.
- Not the best at any category, but a great all-around option.
- Not too expensive.
- The poles are very well supported by the walls.
- Strongest two-pole model in the Outdoor Gear Lab review.
- Able to use in all 4 seasons.
- This tent is lightweight and strong.
- The tent’s fabric deals with moisture and condensation pretty well.
- The three-layer construction is not susceptible to the breakdown of the coating over time.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The poles set up can take some time to get used to.
- Not as compact as other options.
- Can build up condensation on the inside.
- Harder to pack down to a small size, due to being so burly and durable.
- Tough to figure out the set up on the first few tries.
- Can be difficult to set up in extreme weather.
- Wouldn’t qualify as ultralight.
- Setting up the tent can feel very difficult at first, despite being easy after knowing what to do.
- A little less convenient than tents that pitch from the outside.
- Uses twist-ties instead of Velcro closure, which may not be ideal for some people.
- A third pole would be beneficial during high-altitude adventures where wind and snow load could be issues.
- Only one vent in the room area of the tent, for limited breathability.
The Black Diamond Eldorado Tent: 2-Person 4-Season is a top-of-the-line four-season tent that is light enough to take on extended high alpine adventures and durable enough to trust. The somewhat limited ventilation makes this not the best choice for backpacking in humid conditions, but the versatility and toughness make it a great choice for any other intense adventure.