We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake CX 237 Wide Cycling Shoe – Cycling – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 42
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- True to size.
- Very comfortable.
- Durable and long-lasting for use over time.
- High-quality material and construction aids in durability.
- The front end width provides ample space in toe box and enough room for a variety of foot shapes.
- High energy transfer due to the stiff sole.
- Very few reports of blisters or hot spot occurrences.
- 15mm of extra volume at the ball of the foot aids in fitting wider feet snugly and correctly.
- The single-direction BOA allows for customization on tightness.
- The dial allows for even pressure across the foot and a snug fit.
- Well-made material and durable.
- Stiff carbon soles allow for optimal power transfer.
- The leather is soft and conforms to your foot for a tight fit.
- The padded heel collar is lined with leather for comfort and softness.
- Your feet can splay out when applying downward force due to the wider toe box, emphasizing power output.
- The carbon sole doesn’t flex and the upper is rigid for enhanced power transfer.
- The full-grain leather is durable and long-lasting.
- Thick carbon sole protects well against outside debris.
- Features a vent in the carbon sole for added ventilation and breathability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The BOA dial is at the top of the shoe, and can dig into the top of your foot, which can be uncomfortable.
- No ability to tighten the heel section, ensuring a snug fit.
- The heel retention is below average if you have a narrow heel shape.
- May be tough to get cleat far enough back on the sole if you wear Speedplay pedals.
- Doesn’t have multi-directional BOA dials for finer adjustments.
- Expensive option.
- Some reports of wanting a better liner in the toe box for comfort.
- Can feel stiff in the beginning.
- A heavier shoe when compared to the competition, so may not be the best for racing.
- The wide opening and heel allow the heel to occasionally slip, affecting power transfer and a snug fit.
- Can’t micro-loosen due to the single-direction BOA dials, lessening a snug fit assurance.
The Lake CX 237 Wide Cycling Shoe – Cycling for men is a high-quality, durable, and stiff cycling shoe that is best for athletes with wider feet, and don’t care about micro-loosening the shoe. The wider toe box, wider heel space, and thicker sole accommodate bigger feet, with the durability and heavier-weight making this shoe more suitable for longer and rougher rides.