We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake MX237 Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 45
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit is great and snug.
- Easy to adjust and ensure a secure fit.
- Stiff and powerful material and design for power output.
- Lacing system allows for adjustability and contouring to your foot shape.
- Can dry out overnight.
- Shoe material is easy to wash and keep clean during use.
- Combines stiffness and flexibility for optimal performance.
- Upper is full-grain leather with two mesh inserts for breathability.
- Padded mesh tongue provides comfort on the top of your foot.
- Sole is full carbon fiber for lightweight and durability.
- Rubber tread on the bottom for adequate grip on a variety of surfaces.
- The taller-heel section keeps your foot securely in place.
- Sides are low-cut enough to prevent ankle chaffing and rubbing on ankle bone.
- Dual push/pull BOA closure spreads the pressure across the foot for equal distribution.
- The top closure pulls an offset partial strap to prevent hot spots.
- Rubber portion covers toe box for protection against impact.
- Flat section covers midfoot of the shoe to prevent slipping off the pedals if you miss the cleat on your first clip-in attempt.
- Remains in great condition after 2 full seasons of riding.
- Mid-volume allows you to maximize the power transfer and balance.
- Small mesh venting on the sides, toe, and tongue allow for breathability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Reports of leather on the inside and heel failing and exposing foam, causing durability issues.
- Reports of interior lining tearing around the ankle area.
- Scuffs easily and shows marks, despite having no technical issues with the outer layer.
- Not as much grip as Vibram outer sole.
- Reports of rubber coming off after prolonged use.
- The inflexible sole may not be comfortable enough for some.
- Some testers noted delamination of the carbon sole.
- BOA dials are not dual-directional for releasing tension, causing no micro-loosening abilities.
The Lake MX237 Cycling Shoe for men is a great option for cyclists who want a secure, stiff, and durable shoe that is best for cyclists who prioritize power transfer over flexibility and micro-loosening abilities. The ample protection and efficient tread allow for a versatile and performance-based shoe.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.