We’ve read the reviews across the web for the RockyMounts TieRod Bike Mount and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 161
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very quick and simple to install for ease of use.
- Easy to load and unload the bikes for functionality.
- Aerodynamic, but remains stable for secure holding of bikes on bumpy roads.
- The price is great for such a high-quality product.
- Stable and durable for use over a long time and on a variety of terrain.
- The locks are secure and function smoothly without any catching or problems.
- Low-profile construction adds to the sleek look and aerodynamic qualities.
- Available in a wide variety of colors for customization.
- The rack is lockable to secure the rack on your car for added safety.
- The aluminum tray can fit a wide variety of tire sizes for functionality.
- The rack works with a variety of crossbar spreads and sizes for additional compatibility.
- Covered by a one-year warranty for additional protection of your product.
- Designed to work with round, square, aero, and elliptical bars for functionality.
- The steel straps are coated in rubber so they do not hurt the crossbars of your vehicle.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The front locking mechanism is a bit tedious to use in order to get it right each time.
- Despite being very easy to install, the set-up instructions are not the clearest.
- Only works with bikes that have quick-release front wheels, limiting versatility.
The RockyMounts TieRod Bike Mount is a versatile, functional, and highly-compatible option that works with a variety of bikes and crossbars. Car and bike owners who need a secure, easy to use, and a quick-installing option will like this choice of bike mount. If you frequently take your bike on trips, then this bike mount could be a good option for you due to the long-lasting construction, secure locks, and aerodynamic shape.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.