We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Velocissima Short – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 115
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Low-rise, without being too low or uncomfortable.
- Waistband is comfortable and has elastic.
- Leg fit hugs nicely and doesn’t ride up during use.
- Breathable and wide chamois for ventilation and comfort.
- Fabric stretches and moves with your body.
- Waist covers your back to ensure a snug fit and prevent chaffing.
- Strip of material goes around bottom of the legs to ensure a snug and secure fit.
- Leg bands don’t leave any marks but are snug on your leg.
- Flat-form waist construction allows the waist to sit against your skin without digging in.
- The new seat pad is comfortable and less bulky than other models.
- Leg grippers are wide to avoid pinching or digging into skin.
- Reflective details are present on the legs for safety.
- Great option if you are on a budget and are looking for a mid-range short.
- Chamois has ridges to fit a woman’s body snugly.
- Able to benefit from the added breathability of a thin chamois.
- The fabric is a synthetic blend of lightweight breathable material and soft fabric, for ventilation and comfort.
- Wicks moisture away and keeps your temperature range comfortable.
- The Giro-3 leg grippers are adequate at keeping leg sections in place during movement.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of durability issues like the elastic fibers showing.
- Runs very small and tight.
- Some reports of stitching binding after minimal use.
- Logo reportedly came off during testing.
- Lots of seams.
The Castelli Velocissima Short for women is a breathable, stretchy, and comfortable option for cyclists looking to find a short that stays in place and moves with your legs. They are not the most durable option and the fit may run tight, but these shorts are still a great choice.