We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Performance Better Sweater Fleece Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 76
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stretchy side panels allow for a flexible fit and mobility.
- Longer than some other fleece jackets on the market.
- Attractive color options.
- Larger neck allows you to wear a scarf or gaiter underneath comfortably.
- Thumb holes provided for functionality.
- Can wear on own or layered underneath a heavier and more protective layer.
- Flattering and feminine fit.
- Stretch panels offer breathability and ventilation.
- Stand-up collar for wind protection.
- Wind-flap under zipper aids in maintaining warmth.
- Fully-lined hand pockets keep hands warm.
- The inside material feels like a sweatshirt, and the outer looks like a knit sweater, combining comfort and style.
- Provides minimal wind protection against light breezes.
- Heathered-exterior adds style and comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Neckline may be a bit awkward when completely zipped.
- Color discrepancy online versus in person.
- Some reports of the fit being small and too tight in the arms.
- Some reports of pilling after prolonged use.
- Collar may be uncomfortable for some during activities.
- Zippers make the jacket somewhat stiff.
- Sacrifices breathability for comfort, but holds up to the competition in terms of non-technical jackets.
- Lack of stretch, plus the stiffness, means this jacket is not the best for layering comfortably.
- Not water resistant.
The Patagonia Performance Better Sweater Fleece Jacket for women is best used as a stylish piece around the town or during easy physical activities. The warmth, comfort, and attractiveness provided make this a good statement piece, but the lack of technical specs, like weather-resistance, layering comfort, and breathability, make this not the best option for intense outdoor activities.