We’ve read the reviews across the web for the SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 33
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Hi/Lo screws are easily adjusted.
- Screw adjustment is easy to do and can be done very quickly.
- Shifting gears is precise.
- No reports of chain hopping.
- Features a push-button cage lock to get the pulleys out of the way.
- Ideal gear range, providing adjustability and customziation.
- No reports of mis-shifting, promoting a smooth ride.
- A great product at a great value.
- More cost effective than the X01 and XX1 option for those on a price budget.
- 500% gear range for flexibility.
- Simplified shifting makes it easy and efficient.
- Three arm-crank lengths are available.
- 7000 series forge aluminum aids in saving money, making this a cost-effective choice.
- Compared to the older model, this version has a new chain with pin construction and hard chrome casting, using higher-quality materials.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some minimal weight gain from the previous model.
- Doesn’t have expensive-looking carbon finishing.
The SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur is an adjustable, easy-to-use, and customizable option that is ideal for those needing smooth-shifting and a cost-effective choice. The low-price doesn’t sacrifice high-quality materials, with this derailleur proving to be a reliable choice for any level of rider.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.