We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Crank Brothers Mallet E Long Spindle Pedals and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 786
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Allows you to quickly unclip while on-the-go for ample compatibility.
- Provides a comfortable and ergonomic position while pedaling uphill or cruising downhill.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- The shape and construction of the pedals is not too bulky for rubbing against your legs or exterior terrain.
- Very comfortable for all-day use while in the saddle.
- Simple to use and easy to set up for increased functionality.
- The clip-in mechanism is simple, but keeps your foot snug and secure in the pedal.
- The position of the pedals provides ample power when pushing on tough uphills.
- The large concave platform provides stability and security while pedaling.
- The electric blue and black combo is aesthetically pleasing for long-term style.
- The traction pad provides a secure shoe and pedal interface for added compatibility.
- The longer spindle length improves stability and shoe clearance for ample functionality.
- The narrower footprint helps reduce hitting exterior terrain and improves agility.
- The mud-shedding clip-in mechanism helps get rid of any unwanted dirt and debris for trail use.
- The traction pads are replaceable for increased functionality.
- The pedals provide increased traction for security and confidence while on the bike.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No tension adjustment on these pedals, so can take some time to get used to if you frequently use SPD clipless pedals.
- The cleats can wear down quickly, meaning these pedals can reduce the longevity and durability of your cleats.
- If you hit the pedals underneath, your cleats can unintentionally unclip and cause instability.
- Not the lightest pedal on the market when compared to other options.
The Crank Brothers Mallet E Long Spindle Pedals are durable, easy to use and clip-in, and stable for riding on uneven and tough terrain. If you want a high-traction, agile, and powerful pedal, this option works well for beginner and advanced bikers.