We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Vasque Mantra 2.0 GTX Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 829
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- True to size.
- Comfortable fit and material.
- Good ventilation and breathability, preventing overheating.
- Lacing is sufficient to keep foot snug and promote a secure fit.
- Room in toe box for some movement and comfortable heel fit.
- Tongue aids in protection and keeping debris out.
- No reports of hot spots or sharp edges in the fit.
- Good arch support.
- Can be used as a low-ankle hiking shoe that fits well and doesn’t cause any hot spots.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- High wear-and-tear sections are comprised of leather for durability.
- Tough and rugged laces.
- Adequate ankle support.
- Pull-on loop for easy on and off of the shoe.
- Gore-Tex waterproof membrane aids in weather protection.
- Adequate arch support for most foot shapes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Durability issues with the sole falling apart after minimal use.
- Some reports of the shoe not being fully waterproof as it is claimed.
- Can potentially be too hot for the summer months.
- The thinner tread can come off in some areas, lessening the durability.
- Might be too wide for some narrower-shaped feet.
- Some reports of the loop for the laces not being extremely durable.
- Some reports of water seeping in during outdoor activities.
- Toe rand seams can show wear-and-tear quicker.
- Doesn’t do well when carrying heavy loads due to the soft flexibility.
The Vasque Mantra 2.0 GTX Hiking Shoe for men is a comfortable, breathable, and moderately-supportive shoe. Possible durability and thinner tread issues may deter more heavy-duty hikers, but the moderate support and mostly waterproof material make this a good choice for casual hikers.