We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Astral Green Jacket Personal Flotation Device and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 76
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to adjust for customization.
- Stylish look and design.
- Clamshell pocket is ideal for ample storage.
- Comfortable to paddle with and doesn’t rub the arms.
- Pockets are easy to access and roomy.
- Features integrated rescue belt for safety.
- Mini throw-rope storage is available for versatility.
- Felt-lined hand warmers for comfort.
- Variety of different colors available for customization.
- Comes in 3 sizes for personalized fit.
- Backpack style buckles for adjustments are simple and easy.
- Quick-release rescue harness tab can open and loosen the PFD for easy and quick in-and-out.
- Stainless steel loop can attach to the harness, and be used in conjunction with a carabiner for rescue swims.
- Each side has 2 small gear pockets for ample storage.
- Main zippered-pocket for secure items that can’t get wet.
- The foam material around the sides and torso provide comfort.
- Reinforced shoulder straps for aided comfort.
- Integrated chest harness makes this a solid option for towing loads.
- Pullover-style integrates well and is durable, using a stitched webbing.
- Rated the best type of PFD for rescue on this site.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Lash tab location is not the best spot or most efficient.
- The slot to attach a river knife is slightly unpractical and not-needed.
- Not for those who want a side-entry PFD.
- No radio pocket.
The Astral Green Jacket Personal Flotation Device is a top-of-the-line choice for any kayaker who wants a reliable, safe, adjustable, and comfortable device for their trips. The multiple good reviews and ample features make this a great option on the market today.