We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Astral YTV Personal Flotation Device and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 38
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides plenty of range of motion while in the water.
- The low-profile construction provides ample mobility for SUP.
- lightweight for all-day comfort.
- The construction prevents any arm chaffing or material rubbing, increasing the long-term comfort.
- The attachment point is durable and robust for long-lasting use.
- Two pockets provide storage space for small gear items.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort.
- The material is durable, keeping the PFD new-looking even after months of use.
- The minimal design improves the range of motion for swimming and paddling.
- Simple and easy-to-use, making this a good choice for beginners.
- The material is comfortable against your skin to prevent rubbing or unwanted chaffing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The overhead style might be a bit more tedious for some users to quickly get on and off.
- Some users may wish there was more storage space for larger gear items.
- The straps might be a bit long for some users when tightened fully, reducing the functionality.
- Only has 2 small pockets which may not be enough for some users’ preferences.
- The pockets are too small to hold a radio or accessible chart, which could add functionality for long kayaking trips.
The Astral YTV Personal Flotation Device is a durable, lightweight, and comfortable option that works well for beginners and advanced users alike. With a full range of motion, this PFD works well for SUP-lovers. For those who don’t need to bring extensive gear on their excursions, this PFD will remain comfortable for many seasons on the water.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.