We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Thorium AR Hooded Down Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 65
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to keep you warm in most conditions.
- Can be used with just a baselayer underneath in most climates.
- Material feels durable and long-lasting.
- Sleeve length adequately covers longer arms.
- Drawstring around the bottom hem cinches to seal in heat.
- Hood pulls up to cover nose and offer weather protection.
- Zip pockets are comfortable and positioned and angled for easy use.
- Hood stays on during head movement and offers mobility.
- Fabric is burly and holds up against abrasion.
- Attractive colors and durable material.
- 750-fill goose down for warmth and comfort.
- Coreloft synthetic insulation protects against wet-weather and aids in performance.
- Synthetic is placed in the most moisture-prone areas to prevent buildup.
- Insulated down is placed in the areas to retain heat, like the sleeves and torso.
- Face fabric is finished with DWR for light precipitation protection.
- Hood remains warm even after getting wet.
- Offers slight wind protection.
- Packs down well and can use stuff sack in the interior pocket.
- Single pull cord at the back of the hood for adjustments, and the hood can fit under a helmet.
- Can layer under a heavier coat for extreme cold, but works well as a stand-alone layer in most climates.
- Concealed zipper hand pocket and internal zip pocket for ample secure storage.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sizing discrepancies online versus in person.
- Doesn’t compress as well as other models, like the Cerium.
- Slightly shorter fit may not suit some body types or activities.
- Wets out easily and is slow to dry.
- Not an ultralight option.
The Arc’teryx Thorium AR Hooded Down Jacket for women is a warm, durable, and comfortable layering option that is great for cold weather. The high quality construction, impressive warmth, and versatility make this a top choice for cold weather activities.