We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Edelweiss Curve ARC 9.8mm Unicore Climbing Rope and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Soft catches for easier falls.
- High UIAA count for safety, which states the number of times a rope can undergo a fall without breaking.
- Stretchy elongation for versatility.
- Versatile for using in various types of pitches, whether single or multi pitch.
- Durable with a high fall rating, that withstands 9 UIAA falls.
- Comes in 3 different lengths for customization.
- Available with Unicore technology, which builds the sheath without affecting the suppleness.
- Has a low impact force even with a bigger diameter.
- The bi-pattern sheath design lets the climber know where the middle is.
- 9.4% static elongation provides soft catches.
- Despite user reviews of this rope being non-durable, we believe this is a durable rope.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Remains stiff over time and doesn’t break in well.
- Multiple reports of sheath fraying and poor quality material.
- Middle mark on the rope remains stiffer over time, and is more difficult to pass through a belay device.
- Expensive for no dry-treatment on the rope.
- Expensive option on the market.
- Doesn’t last long compared to other ropes.
- Difficult to feed through belay device due to stiffness.
- High elongation can be dangerous for a seconder due to any obstacles in the way.
- Heavier option compared to the competition.
The Edelweiss Curve ARC 9.8mm Unicore Climbing Rope is a good option for climbers who want soft catches, versatility, and a high UIAA rating. The stiffness, difficulty of feeding through a belay device, and durability issues need to be taken into account, but still may suit those who want soft catches.