We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Eternity Classic Climbing Rope – 9.8mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Solid, but remains lightweight.
- Good stretch on falls.
- Not very heavy for the length, making it easy to transport.
- Pre-marked in the middle for ease of use and safety.
- Works well with both ATCs and GriGris.
- Smooth and supple to feel for a good grip.
- Works on a variety of climb-types, like top-roping and repeated runs, enhancing the versatility.
- Stretches enough to provide soft catches.
- Great size for trad routes.
- Black-dyed middle mark for ease of use.
- Features a combination of lightweight material and durability.
- Performs well for trad climbing, even though the rope is not dry-treated.
- Handles well and is flexible without being too stiff.
- Great all-around choice for climbers who only want to use one rope for a variety of climbing-types.
- High-quality rope for a good price.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might not be the most durable option.
- The rope arrives twisted out of the box.
- Wouldn’t be suitable for multi-pitch routes due to the shorter length.
- Too heavy for high-end sport climbing.
- Not dry-treated or very lightweight.
For an all-around rope suitable for all levels of climbers, the Mammut Eternity Classic Climbing Rope – 9.8mm is a great choice due to the soft catches, smooth feel, and compatibility with ATCs and GriGris. Although the rope is not extremely lightweight, it is a versatile option that is suitable for many types of climbing. The Eternity Classic 9.8mm is a workhorse rope that can accommodate most climbers.