We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Infinity Dry Climbing Rope – 9.5mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 55
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sheath is durable for the weight provided.
- Good feel while holding in your hands.
- Easy to use out of the packaging.
- Lightweight material for easy transportation and use.
- Diameter is a good width and easy to run through your hands and belay.
- Elongation provides enough to secure a light fall.
- Works well with GriGri and ATC.
- The outer sheath of the rope withstands rubbing against sharp rocks.
- No plastic end caps on the rope to fall off and create litter.
- Coating protects against light precipitation and keeps the rope dry.
- Handles well and is coarse for durability.
- Treated with COATINGfinish which aids in keeping the rope dry and free of dirt.
- Able to withstand 8-9 UIAA falls, which is extremely good for a skinnier rope.
- Great for all-around use due to the durability and versatile qualities.
- The sheath is soft out of the box and easy to use right away.
- Smoothly feeds through ATC and belay devices.
- Rappels quickly and safely.
- PTFE coating is hydrophobic, which aids in repelling water.
- 40% of the rope weight is the sheath, showing the durability.
- It is easy to clip.
- The COATINGfinish ensures a long-lasting life and consistency over time.
- Great choice for top-roping due to abrasion-resistance.
- We consider it the “best all-around” rope.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The end of the rope finish and durability is questionable and can fray.
- Not the most flexible rope option.
- Must get kinks out of the rope before you use it.
- The pattern makes it difficult to see the mid point.
- Multiple reports of the sheath getting fluffy after minimal use.
- Not the softest rope option.
- Might be considered expensive to newer climbers, despite being a good value for what you get.
- Not the best at handling due to stiffness and lack of ease in making a sharp bend.
- The middle marker can wear off quickly after use.
The Mammut Infinity Dry Climbing Rope – 9.5mm is a great option for climbers who want a durable, safe, water-resistant, and versatile rope. The good feeling of the rope, combined with the high UIAA safety rating, makes this a solid choice for any level of climber, while the stiffness provided comes down to personal preference.