We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Solution Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 257
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very snug fit on your foot.
- Aggressive shape and fit that is good for bouldering.
- The toe is stiff for standing on small footholds.
- Very precise for standing on small edges.
- Great for using in pockets and cracks, which aggressive shoes aren’t typically good for.
- Rubber works well on heel-hooking.
- A great all-around shoe for multiple types of climbing, like bouldering, technical climbing, and sport routes.
- Molded heel cup lets you heel-hook with confidence.
- The torsional rigidity doesn’t compromise the sensitivity, combining stability and feel.
- The down-turned shape is maintained while pushing off from micro-holds, providing a good power transfer.
- Great material and fit for bouldering and sport routes.
- Puts power into the big toe for edging performance.
- The lacing system is easy to get on, but you can easily cinch them down to feel very secure.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not as comfortable as other shoes due to the aggressive shape.
- Some issues with the strap breaking before the rest of the shoe starts to show wear-and-tear.
- Long break-in time, but very precise fit after being broken in.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
- A little bit longer of a break-in time required when compared to others.
- Might not be the best for those with flat feet, since the shoe is very curved.
- Despite having power in the front of the toe, the lack of rubber at the midfoot hinders the edging ability.
- Some issues with the strap breaking after minimal use.
- The high ankle shape will come down to personal preference on if you like that style or not.
The La Sportiva Solution Climbing Shoe is an all-around stable and sensitive shoe that combines a downturned shape and proficient power-transfer to provide a shoe that can perform on various types of climbing routes. Despite having a longer break-in time and some possible durability issues with the strap, for those climbers who want a precise, aggressive, and snug shoe, this is a great option.