We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Gore Wear R7 Gore-Tex Shakedry Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very minimalist which adds to its sleek style.
- Runs true to size which makes it easy to find the correct size online.
- Features weather-protective capabilities for short-term precipitation.
- Breathable for ample ventilation for temperature regulation during activities.
- Very packable making it easy to transport in a small space.
- The elastic cuffs seal in the warmth and keep the jacket sleeves in place during use.
- The construction and weight of the jacket make it a good choice for running.
- The front pouch is large enough to store some items on your long training runs.
- Minimalist and ultralight for comfort while running long distances.
- Doesn’t have any shoulder seams which enhances the comfort while wearing a backpack.
- The hood has a semi-stiff double-layer brim to keep rain out of your eyes.
- The jacket dries quickly after getting wet, enhancing the comfort and functionality.
- The outer membrane effectively beads water on the surface, preventing any water from seeping in to the inside.
- Features a full-length zipper for easy temperature regulating.
- Keeps you warm and comfortable in temperatures down to about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The single chest pocket serves as a stuff pocket for the jacket for easy transportation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best choice for an all-purpose jacket due to the durability concerns.
- The fit is slimmer in the mid-section which some users may not like.
- The zipper is fragile and not the most durable for tough use.
- Not the most durable or versatile option for a variety of activities.
- The jacket material holds onto odor after wearing which reduces the hygienic qualities.
- The fabric is slightly stiff in comparison to non-waterproof running materials, reducing the comfort.
- The hood lacks adjustability for customization of fit.
- Lacks side pockets for extra storage capabilities.
- The black version of the jacket does not have any reflective qualities for safety.
- Does not contain reinforced shoulders and elbows for enhanced durability.
The Gore Wear R7 Gore-Tex Shakedry Hooded Jacket for men is a lightweight, minimalist, and mobile jacket that is well-suited for outdoor runners. Despite not being the most durable or versatile jacket for other activities, the construction, material, and features of this jacket make it desirable for running. If you are an outdoor trail runner who wants a lightweight, breathable, and weather-proof light layering option, then this is a good choice for you.