We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 93 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 99
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- I can use this jacket everywhere from the trail to my chilly work office.
- Stylish with great fit and vibrant colors.
- Durable construction and abrasion-resistant.
- Water and wind resistant.
- Washes well without pilling or color-fade.
- Provides mobility and range-of-motion.
- Easily stretches for adding base layers.
- Useful during all seasons and activities.
- Lightweight and packable.
- Breathable, quick-drying material.
- Desirable features like exterior pockets and thumbholes.
- Comfortable with light stretching.
- No noise during activity.
- Solid jacket at an affordable price.
- Reinforced material on shoulders and forearms.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- This jacket is not intended for a lot of warmth.
- The hip pockets are not accessible if wearing a pack belt.
- Only water-resistant in light rain, not intended for heavy rain.
- Wears out easily anywhere a pack rubs against it.
- The thin and light construction is not meant for inclement weather.
- Tapered sleeves that are too long.
- Lacks inner lining for insulation.
- Boxy and baggy fitting.
- Pockets can’t be accessed while wearing a harness.
- One expert states that the jacket absorbs smells easily and needs to be aired out.
The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hooded Jacket for women, while not recommended for inclement weather, offers a breathable, lightweight soft-shell jacket option for all-season activities with an array of useful design features.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.