We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Nano-Air Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 99
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable.
- Stretchy enough to provide good mobility.
- Good for light daily use and hanging out around town.
- Breathes well and ventilates adequately.
- Able to suit a wide range of temperatures and can be used as a mid or base layer.
- Very versatile in a variety of climates.
- Very lightweight and comfortable for layering.
- The shoulder and arms fit well.
- Multiple pockets for ample storage.
- Breathed well during activity.
- Unzipping the front of the jacket aids in regulating temperature.
- DWR protects against light precipitation.
- Dried out quickly after getting wet.
- Able to bead water efficiently on the surface and keep light moisture from getting inside.
- Flattering, but still maintains an athletic fit for layering.
- Fully covered waist to keep the heat in.
- Cozy fleece provides comfort and warmth.
- The chest and hand pockets both have zippered tabs for ease of use.
- The quilting in the side panels provides style, shape, and durability.
- Balances breathability and wind protection efficiently.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of pilling occurring after only minimal use.
- Some reports of the interior cinch cord breaking over time.
- Fabric can attract dirt quickly.
- The nylon can hold onto smells.
- Not made to withstand heavy rain or extreme cold.
- Need more layering in extreme weather due to limited warmth and weather protection.
- Not the most wind-resistant option.
The Patagonia Nano-Air Jacket for women is a good option as a mid-layer during cold days, and as an outer-layer over some insulation pieces during the shoulder seasons. The mobility, versatility, lightweight, and breathability make this usable in all climates, especially during fall and spring as an outer layer during light activity, or as a mid-layer in colder temperatures. The lack of extreme weather protection and adequate warmth doesn’t make this a top choice for a stand-alone jacket in the winter months.