We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Cold Forge Down Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 88 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 52
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm and provides good protection from the elements.
- Hood fits well over a helmet.
- Long enough to keep your hips and rear warm.
- Blend of down and synthetic fill means the jacket can keep you warmer when wet better than a 100% down fill jacket.
- Drawcord hems keeps warmth in and drafts out.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Hood does not cinch down well around the face, so may not keep your ears warm if you are wearing a helmet.
- Not the lightest jacket, but warm.
- Cuff does not always stay in place.
The Black Diamond Cold Forge Down Hooded Jacket for women is warm and fairly lightweight. The down/synthetic blend keeps you warm even in damp weather. Some users found the long sleeves cumbersome, while others appreciated them, especially while climbing. The hood fits over a helmet, and a waist drawstring hem cinches down to keep warmth in. This jacket well designed and ready to accompany you on many chilly weather adventures.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.