We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Cerium SL Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 3.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 65
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Multiple reports of being a good cut and flattering.
- Warm and lightweight.
- Packs away easily for quick and light transport.
- Easy to pack for an extra layer due to compressing ability.
- Good warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Able to wear as a casual layer due to the styling.
- Mixes Coreloft synthetic insulation into areas where the jacket is prone to getting wet.
- Lightest down jacket that Arc’teryx makes.
- Great insulator for the extreme light weight.
- Stuffs easily into own storage sack for efficient transport.
- Keeps you dry for at least a short period of light precipitation.
- DWR aids in protecting against light precipitation.
- Two hand pockets for easy access storage.
- The waist hem has drawcords for easy adjustability to keep warmth in.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not extremely durable.
- Some sizing issues with the fit being way too big or too small, depending on body type.
- Some reports of down coming through the jacket.
- Not designed for high-intensity activities due to limited breathability.
- Extended precipitation will get the jacket wet and eventually cause it to lose insulating capabilities.
- Less durable due to the thin-denier nylon used.
The Arc’teryx Cerium SL Down Jacket for men is a very lightweight, packable, and stylish jacket that is equally at home in the backcountry as around town. Used as a mid-layer, this jacket can provide an impressive amount of warmth for its weight. However, it is an ultra-light jacket so the warmth provided is not unlimited.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.