We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Icebreaker Quantum Hooded Full-Zip Shirt – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 440
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great fit being trim enough to wear under a shell, but relaxed enough to wear a base layer underneath.
- Comfortable and soft, but durable.
- Thumb holes for style and warmth.
- Chest zip-pass pocket for quick storage.
- Reflective material on the back for safety.
- Breathes well for use during intense activities.
- The fabric underneath the zipper prevents it from touching your skin.
- Features a hole behind the chest pocket for a headphone cord to pass through.
- Low-profile hood for style and protection.
- Reports of no odor, and being odor-free the next day.
- Thumb holes are a popular and well-liked feature.
- The full zipper allows for temperature control.
- The main zipper is lined for added warmth.
- Mesh underarms enhance ventilation and breathability.
- Dropped-hem prevents any riding up during use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The front zipper pull is on the left side, which some may find tedious or confusing.
- The chest pocket is too small to carry most items.
- Heavier than some other mid-layers on the market.
- It might be too warm for hiking in hot weather.
- The chest pocket is too small for most smartphones.
The Icebreaker Quantum Hooded Full-Zip Shirt for men is a breathable, comfortable, well-fitting, and functional shirt that can be used as a mid or base layer. The technical features, such as a headphone cord, snug hood, and dropped hem make this a nice layer for intense outdoor activities, and despite being heavier than some other mid-layers, is a popular choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.