We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Cargon 40-140L Duffel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 50
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable and well-designed.
- Able to fit the carry-on requirements of airlines, allowing for easy travel.
- The daisy chain loop allows you to easily attach items to the outside securely.
- Features a large zipper that is easy to use and durable.
- The lid has two mesh pockets underneath for secure convenience.
- The mesh pockets include a clip to keep your keys safe.
- The outer end of both sides of the bag contain a large pocket for easy access.
- Tough, functional, versatile, and easy to carry.
- Provides padding on the lid to give a soft surface up against your back.
- Awarded Editor’s Choice Award in The Best Duffel Bags review, showing the all-around proficiency.
- Backpack shoulder straps have disconnect buckles for quick undoing.
- The shoulder straps can easily be stored into the external pocket.
- This bag is the most water-resistant out of the competition.
- The construction is sturdy and reinforced at the higher wear-and-tear places.
- Smaller pockets on the sides and the lid for ample storage.
- Zippers are smooth, and the pull tabs can be easily used.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The mesh fabric on the shoulder straps can fray after getting caught on the Velcro piece that combines the two handles.
- Can’t detach the backpack straps from the bag itself.
- No X-seams for handles, which normally aid in durability and prevent ripping at the seams.
- Doesn’t have detachable straps with buckles.
The Mammut Cargon 40-140L Duffel is a durable, functional, water-resistant, and padded option that is great for those who need convenience while traveling. With only a few minor gripes, this product is a high-quality option for a versatile duffel that can work in a variety of situations.