We’ve read the reviews across the web for the RockyMounts BrassKnuckles Upright Mount and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 152
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Only makes minimal noise during use at high speeds.
- Set up is quick and easy.
- The bikes are held securely and stay in place.
- Fits a variety of bike sizes and models.
- Stylish look and design.
- Low-profile for style and efficiency.
- Able to leave both wheels on while putting on the rack.
- Fatback adapter consists of an XL-sized wheel chock to fit wider tire widths.
- Able to fit 4.8″ tires with some spare room, showing the versatility.
- You don’t have to take the front wheel off, adding to the ease and efficiency of this rack.
- Wind noise is reduced and quieter than other models.
- Arm-and-wheel hook is easy to secure while loading bikes.
- Simple design with durable construction and heavy-duty materials.
- Ergonomic arm handle allows for easy securing of bikes.
- The burly cast aluminum at the base of the pivoting arm and wheel tray, providing durability and high-quality material.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Video for the directions can be misleading and not completely accurate.
- Lock cords are sold separately.
- Some reports of the handle occasionally sticking while using.
- Doesn’t come with locks.
- Less secure than some of the competition.
- It can be tedious to thread the front and rear wheel straps on the bikes during installation.
- The strap ratchets are not the strongest.
The RockyMounts BrassKnuckles Upright Mount is a high-quality, durable, adjustable, and easy-to-use mount. The burly materials and top-notch construction make this a great choice for cyclists who frequently transport their bikes. The lack of locks provided and less secure holding may deter some, but if you install properly and buy heavy-duty locks to go along with the system, this is a safe and reliable mount that can withstand prolonged use.