We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Apex Bionic 2 Hooded Softshell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 299
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable.
- Blocks wind very well.
- Strong water resistance, although it is not waterproof.
- Easy to wash.
- Holds up well to heavy day-to-day use.
- Warm and cozy.
- Very windproof.
- Available in lots of colors.
- A great jacket for around town.
- The relaxed fit of the body is good for layering.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No sleeve closures at the wrists.
- The arms are very long and have a tight fit that can make it hard to layer.
- Not very breathable.
- Does not provide enough mobility for many sports.
- Heavy and does not pack down well, mostly because it is so warm and weatherproof.
- The side pockets are difficult to access while wearing a backpack with hip straps.
The North Face Apex Bionic 2 Hooded Softshell Jacket is a warm and windproof layer that is a great choice for walking around town in colder weather and resort skiing. While the jacket offers cozy warmth, fantastic wind proofing, and water resistance, the ventilation is poor, and the fit can be a bit boxy in the torso but tight in the arms. Still, people love the style and ease of use for walks on cold days and going into town, although this is not the best option for those needing a technical soft-shell for high-output activities.