We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Simul Alpine Softshell Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 40
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Features large pockets on the side of the pants for convenient storage of gear.
- Provides wind resistance to keep you warm in cold conditions.
- The fit is slim without being too tight, providing ample flexibility for movement without being in the way.
- Comfortable for outdoor activities and for relaxing after exercise.
- Contains an adjustable internal waist belt to create a snug and secure fit.
- Breathable for use during intense outdoor activities in the shoulder season.
- The fabric is stretchy for ample movement during exercise.
- Provides enough protection and warmth for 3-season use.
- Good price and value for the high-quality product that you receive.
- The cuffs are compatible with low-profile boots to prevent snagging and keep snow out of your socks.
- Contains four zippered pockets for secure and convenient storage.
- The outer material is weather-resistant to protect against light precipitation and wind.
- Breathable and well-ventilated for use during intense outdoor activities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not feature belt loops for additional personalization of fit.
- The inseam might not work well for some body types.
- Not warm enough to wear as a stand-alone layer in winter and alpine conditions.
The Patagonia Simul Alpine Softshell Pant for men is a breathable, versatile, and mobile option that works well for outdoor excursions in 3-season weather. Although they will not necessarily provide enough protection or warmth for withstanding alpine storms, these pants work well for the shoulder seasons.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.