We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Mutant Trail Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 49
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and supportive.
- Transition seamlessly from trail running to hiking or scrambling.
- Reliable traction on all kinds of terrain and in all weather conditions.
- Innovative pocket for stowing laces so they don’t get caught or flop around.
- Supportive and grippy on mountain runs.
- Comfortable and lightweight.
- Cushioning protects your feet while running on jagged rocks.
- Very sturdy and grippy on all types of terrain.
- Excellent support and traction on mountainous terrain.
- Sturdy for all types of terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Narrow fit in the arch and toebox.
- Treads are too aggressive to be comfortable on hard surfaces.
- Due to the sturdy build, some runners may experience chafing around the ankles or discomfort on longer runs.
- Soles are hard and shoes are not flexible.
- Sizing may run small.
La Sportiva’s Mutant Trail Running Shoe for women is a sturdy shoe that will carry you reliably over uneven terrain, through mud, rain, snow, and river crossings. The supportive construction may be too beefy for long runs on hard surfaces, but they will hold up on rocky ground. They fit women best with narrower feet; women with wider feet may need to size up.