We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Mercury Mitten – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 81
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very warm for this type of mitten.
- Most users reported they keep your hands warm, though a few found they did not.
- Small loop for hanging gloves upside-down helps them dry more quickly.
- Fit well, based on sizing chart.
- Waterproof, although the palm can wet out, but it shouldn’t soak all the way to your skin.
- Reasonably priced.
- Removable liner.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Liners pack out after a season or two, which makes them less warm. This may be mitigated by washing the liners periodically.
- If your hands get cold easily, try the more expensive/warmer mitts that BD sells.
- Mitts lack dexterity.
- No wrist leashes.
- Not as warm after one or two seasons.
- Your hands may sweat on warmer days.
The Black Diamond Mercury Mittens for women will keep your hands warm at the resort. Like most mittens, they do not allow for great dexterity, even with the split-finger liner. The liner tends to pack out after a season or two, and then are not as cozy; this may be mitigated by washing the liners from time to time.