We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Classic Retro-X Fleece Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 97
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm and wind resistant.
- Comfortable and stylish.
- Chest pocket secures valuables.
- Many wearers like the longish sleeves, though some found them too long.
- Fairly breathable but also wind resistant.
- Quilted nylon panels along the sleeves and sides increase durability of high-wear areas like your elbows.
- Feminine cut.
- Made from 50 percent recycled materials.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Lining is stiff.
- Does not pack easily.
- Shoulders may not fit everyone well.
- There is no drawstring at the waist so cold air can get in.
- Some issues with breathability.
- Not as durable as it used to be.
Patagonia’s Classic Retro-X Fleece Jacket for women is a stylish and surprisingly wind resistant fleece jacket that will keep you warm in the mountains or about town. The lining may be a bit stiff, but there is extra reinforcement along the sleeves and sides to increase durability. Intended as an outer layer, you can layer it up or down depending on what the elements throw at you.