We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R2 Fleece Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 34
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very warm.
- Versatile on the mountain and in town.
- Looks new, even after multiple washes.
- Extremely fuzzy and comfortable.
- Very durable.
- Stain resistant.
- Good warmth to weight ratio.
- Very soft and comfy fabric.
- Good airflow and ventilation.
- Lots of mobility.
- Offers lots of storage pockets.
- Quality construction and eco-friendly materials.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The fit is too snug to comfortably wear thicker layers underneath.
- The new design does not include a front zippered pocket.
- The non-fleece panels on the side decrease warmth, although they offer more ventilation.
- Does not offer protection from wind.
- Loses warmth by not having a hood, but it also cuts down on bulk while layering under other jackets.
- The tapered fit makes it difficult to layer much underneath.
- Does not protect against even light winds or rain, although this is typical of most fleeces.
The Patagonia R2 Fleece Jacket for women is an exceedingly soft and cozy fleece that walks the line between technical construction and stylish design. As a warm and breathable fleece, it is great as a mid weight layer, although the athletic cut makes it difficult to layer much underneath. The R2 is also durable, stain resistant, and simple to wash, making it easy to wear on a daily basis.