We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Bivy Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 72
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Thicker and heavier than other insulated jackets, for more warmth.
- The internal chest pocket keeps items warmer.
- Fits true to size and features attractive color options.
- Blocks the wind efficiently.
- Not too bulky, but keeps you warm.
- Combines durable exterior fabric with a soft interior, for protection and comfort.
- DWR treatment allows water to bead up on the surface.
- The pockets have a fleece lining for added hand warmth.
- Combining DWR finish with a 600-fill power allows for protection and warmth.
- The full-zip provides temperature control.
- Stand-up collar provides wind protection.
- Handwarmer pockets feature a snap-closure for security, and fleece-lined material for warmth.
- The drop-tail hem provides added protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The collar may be too tall for some, and rub against the chin.
- The zipper placement is ‘backward’ for American users.
- No points where you can adjust or cinch down the fit.
- Some reports of the jacket arriving with incorrectly-attached zipper pull cords, and may need to be fixed or returned.
The Patagonia Bivy Down Jacket for men is a warm, durable, and protective jacket that combines a tough exterior with comfortable inner material. The lack of adjustable cinch points may deter some, but the ethically sourced 600-fill down power, DWR treatment, and full-zip provide solid protection for cold weather outdoor adventures.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.