We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Eclipse Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 101
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit is as expected, which makes it easy to buy online.
- Doesn’t crease like other harder jackets when folded up or packed.
- The zips under both arms provide ample ventilation and breathability to keep you cool during warmer temperatures.
- Packs down easily for convenient transportation in your backpack or suitcase.
- Waterproof to keep you dry during inclement weather.
- Seam taped for extra weather protection.
- Features an adjustable hood for a personalized fit.
- Can protect from inclement weather for hours without wearing-out over time.
- Covers your torso for protection and warmth during a variety of activities.
- Made from recycled nylon and sustainable materials.
- Features an adjustable hem and cuffs for a personalized and customized fit.
- The mesh pockets allow for more airflow and temperature regulation.
- The outer material is abrasion-resistant and durable.
- Features DWR coating for extra protection against light precipitation.
- The fabric is soft and comfortable against your skin.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Would not technically be considered a ‘hardshell’ jacket, so some users might require something else for their travels.
- The fit is a bit boxy, so if you are not layering underneath, it might appear a little big.
- No loop for ease of use while hanging up the jacket to dry.
- The hood is not helmet-compatible, showing a lack of functionality and compatibility.
- Does not contain some of the same features as other similar jackets.
- Not the most comfortable option when compared to other choices on the market.
The Marmot Eclipse Jacket for men is a breathable, waterproof, and comfortable option that works well for all-day hikes during inclement weather. Even though this jacket does not have some of the same features as other similar options, it is an adjustable, easy-to-pack, and protective option that works well in a variety of situations and activities.