We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Dirt Craft 11in Bike Short – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 56
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable during long rides.
- Buckle adjustment on the waist allows for fit-customization.
- Great padding for added comfort.
- Internal chamois fits well.
- The cut is slim and flattering.
- The small zippered pocket on the side allows for secure storage.
- Feels great off the bike in terms of comfort.
- Lightweight fabric for temperature control.
- The thick chamois pad is comfortable.
- Open and unsecured pockets on the front allow for easy-access storage.
- The elastic strap in the fabric at the waistband allows for some stretch.
- DWR holds up well over time and protects against light precipitation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sizing may not fit some body shapes, with the liner being too big and the fit being too snug in the waist.
- Many reports of having to size-up.
- Sizing and cut are different than previous models, making sizing more difficult.
- Lack of articulation, causing bunching up during use.
- Fabric isn’t very soft against your skin, and the seams are rough.
- Ventilation is minimal despite being a lightweight fabric.
- The two-way stretch doesn’t provide as much mobility as shorts with 4-way stretch.
- The shorter length limits functionality for use with kneepads.
- The thin fabric doesn’t protect well from abrasion.
The Patagonia Dirt Craft 11in Bike Short for women is a comfortable, adjustable, and padded short. Some potential sizing issues, limited articulation, and minimal ventilation may make this not a great choice for intense riders, but for those casual trail-riders who prefer comfort off the bike over functionality and protection on the bike, these shorts are a good choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.