We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 442
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps your feet dry and comfortable in most conditions.
- Footbed is comfortable after prolonged use.
- Foot-bed can give support and comfort while carrying heavy loads.
- Flexibility is very high for a boot, and feels more like a sneaker.
- Lugs have good traction on various surfaces.
- Good traction in various climates and fully waterproof.
- Sensifit system provides a customized and snug fit.
- Toe box is roomy enough to move your toes, but not too wide to make the fit loose.
- Prevents ankle rolling, despite not being as supportive as other boots.
- Very lightweight for a mid-cut hiking boot.
- Sheds water, mud, and snow efficiently.
- Waterproof and breathable liner lets perspiration pass through.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sometimes builds up moisture on hot days.
- Not warm enough for a winter backpacking trip.
- Some reports of laces coming undone frequently.
- The underfoot grip is sensitive, so you can feel debris and rocks underneath your feet, causing more tiredness after prolonged wearing.
- Prolonged exposure can cause moisture to seep through.
The Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boot for men is a waterproof, stable, and lightweight hiking boot that feels more like a trail runner or sneaker while wearing, while still providing good performance. The waterproof abilities allow this boot to be worn in various conditions, while the limited warmth provided and some moisture build-up on hot days may make this boot ill suited for extreme conditions.