We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX Backpacking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 110
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- More comfortable than a traditional full-leather hiking boot.
- Stiff enough to efficiently handle rocky and steep trails.
- Waterproofing works for stream crossings and moderately-rainy weather.
- Offers more support than traditional trail runners for extra stability.
- Toe profile aids in stepping in snow and adding comfort.
- Offer great traction in a variety of terrain.
- Lightweight for being so solid and stiff.
- Provides all-day comfort on tough trails.
- Lightweight while still giving ample grip and stiffness for stability.
- Tongue made of stretchy fabric to conform to your foot.
- Enough torsional rigidity so you don’t twist your ankle/
- Cable of handling long hikes on the trail but still flexible enough for mountains.
- The sock fit construction saves weight and minimizes bulkiness.
- Uses memory foam and a sock liner for added comfort.
- Uses EVA in the midsole to remain supportive.
- Gore-Tex upper provides waterproofing abilities.
- Provides enough flex for less-technical trails and casual walking.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Boots can get wet if you are walking through wet terrain all day.
- Some reports of the soles falling apart after minimal use.
- Most casual hikers won’t find their extra stability or protection necessary.
- The stiffness can make your feet store after a long day of hiking.
- Can rub the back of your ankles since they are a mid-top cut.
The Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX Backpacking Boot for men is a durable, comfortable, and lightweight boot that can handle long hikes on heavy-duty trails, but remains flexible enough for casual use. This boot can be efficiently used for tough trails, steep mountains, and less-technical paths. Despite the stiffness making some people’s feet sore after long days of use, this boot would be well-suited for those who want a heavy-duty option that combines flexibility, stability, and comfort.