We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Free Aero Bib Shorts – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 28
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable leg grips that do not cut into the skin.
- Prevents most soreness on moderate-length rides.
- Great chamois.
- Overall very comfortable.
- Enough padding to be comfortable on the ride, but not too much to be annoying while walking around or off the bike.
- The leg grippers are comfortable, effective, and flattering.
- The bib has mesh, allowing more breathability.
- Comfortable even in the heat.
- The padded seat offers good ventilation.
- Durable, although with weak points in the mesh leg grippers.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Very tight fit, although some users like the compression.
- Some users found the padded area too small.
- The branding is loud and a bit gaudy.
- Runs a bit small overall — many users size up for best fit.
- No front clip closure to simplify bathroom breaks.
- Poor quality control makes sizes and cuts inconsistent.
- The bibs run small.
- Castelli does not offer a generous warranty.
The Castelli Free Aero Bib Shorts for women are lightweight and comfortable with flexible but stable leg grippers for the long rides you want to take. Although people like its breathability, the most praise-worthy part of these bib shorts is the chamois padding that offer both superior comfort and good breathability. Despite these well-loved attributes, users don’t love the loud branding, small sizes, and inconsistencies in the fit. However, some people find this bib so comfortable, they can’t help but praise it despite these disappointments.